Welcome!

This blog is to introduce you to my town - Peebles, in the Scottish Borders - just one photo at a time, with perhaps a little description and maybe some history thrown in. I hope you will find it interesting. The title comes from a historical comment made by someone who preferred Peebles to the great and famous cities. I know how they felt. It's always a pleasure to return here however long you've been away.

If you want to make a comment, ask me a question, or merely just want to say "hello, I've dropped in", you can do that by using the comment section below each entry. (Just click on the word COMMENT and follow instructions. ) I'd love to know what you think of what you see of my town.

I don't have an expensive elaborate camera so the photo quality may not be brilliant, but I'd like to think my pics will please you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks to Mary H for the lovely designs I used for my background, and thanks too to all of you who have chosen to support my blog by becoming "followers".

Friday 5 March 2010


This is Lindores, the house buil by Dr Clement Gunn when he came from Fife to be the Peebles GP in the 1800s. It is now a Bed & Breakfast house. Don't know if that turret is part of the original design or built later! It looks "added" to me!

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful background! I also like looking at any photos of Britain -- town or country. Gerald Hyde calls me a Yorkshire Exile in Southern California, and I guess I am a bit of an exile. I don't really get home sick, we've been over here for 50 years for goodness sakes, but every now and then I do get a yearning to see how things are over there. Blogging is an excellent way to do do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed my visit here - you have a lovely spot - and I'll be back. So glad that Gerald Hyde sent me here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If childhood memory serves this used to be (and may still be) run by a lovely couple called De Freitas. Don't know how we knew them but I have memories of popping in occasionally when buying pet food at the old garage a door or two down, gone now I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks fot looking at my photos of Peebles. It is great to read your comments, so thanks for writing!