Welcome!

This blog is to introduce you to my town - Peebles, in the Scottish Borders - just one photo at a time, with perhaps a little description and maybe some history thrown in. I hope you will find it interesting. The title comes from a historical comment made by someone who preferred Peebles to the great and famous cities. I know how they felt. It's always a pleasure to return here however long you've been away.

If you want to make a comment, ask me a question, or merely just want to say "hello, I've dropped in", you can do that by using the comment section below each entry. (Just click on the word COMMENT and follow instructions. ) I'd love to know what you think of what you see of my town.

I don't have an expensive elaborate camera so the photo quality may not be brilliant, but I'd like to think my pics will please you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks to Mary H for the lovely designs I used for my background, and thanks too to all of you who have chosen to support my blog by becoming "followers".

Thursday 12 August 2010

A tiny garden



The high brick wall was part of a walled garden, and Rosemary has managed to landscape her tiny garden beautifully. She has the patio, the raised flowerbed, the rock water feature, the wavy path that draws the eye to the back. I think it's beautiful and so low maintenance. If anything I think the large flowerbed to the right would have been pretty as a lawn!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet little garden! (And you may have wanted the grass, but as I prepare to move out of a five-acre lot full of trees, trees, and more trees, I say low maintenance is good maintenance!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute garden, the kind this American would love to come visit, sit down and have a cup of tea in! I stumbled on your blog and ADORE it and you! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful Peebles with the rest of the world! I'm so glad I didn't miss it on my journey! You are just so precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks fot looking at my photos of Peebles. It is great to read your comments, so thanks for writing!